Friday, February 16, 2007

Life Verses

Throughout my life, God has given me verses to encourage and uplift me. Sometimes He has given them to me directly, sometimes through someone. But these are my life verses:


To an angry, acoholic 16 year old, God said:

And I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten, the cankerworm, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
Joel 2:25


To a lonely, scared 22 year old, whose husband was in Iraq, God said:

Have I not commanded you, be strong and courageous? Be not afraid; neither be dismayed; For the Lord thy God is with thee wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9


To a 24 year old, ready to give up on having babies, God said:

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalms 127:3-5

No comments: